This article will take you through a guide on how to install optifine in Minecraft 1.14 in a comprehensive manner.
Since the internet boom, about 100,000+ games have been developed and publish on different app stores, there have been games that are still going on like Minecraft, Warcraft, and many others, and then there are ones that have a lifetime of 5-10 years while new games are developed.
But with time, the terms and conditions of play store have been changing and getting more restrict towards video games, and well, it has given life to a new version of an application, and that’s called a mod.
Well, a mod like Optifine!
Before we discuss how to install Optifine in Minecraft 1.14, let us see what OptiFine is in Minecraft.
How To Install OptiFine In Minecraft?
OptiFine is a type of utility mod developed by sp614x.It is the highest downloaded mod for Minecraft that has improved its gaming capability. The mod has made the Minecraft community very lively by making its performance smooth and silky, refreshing blocking visuals.
It has added a few impressive customizations in games, such as dynamic lighting, and allowing adjustments with the large selection of game parameters.
One can play around by giving different animation effects, editing, and controlling weather parameters such as fog and rain along with a day and night cycles.
- It is developed only for pc and not for mobile or console programs.
- OptiFine is available in three versions: Lite, Standard, and Ultra.
The Lite version comprises of few basic features, is to be directly installed in Minecraft , and only suitable for old version laptops or pc.
The standard versions are proved to be stable for many Minecraft mods, but they have few flickering issues with the Chunk Loading Option.
The most powerful version is Optifine Ultra, which is suitable for Minecraft 1.8 and above versions.
- The mod contains a wide range of customization options and performance-enhancing features.
- The app is one of the most downloaded mods for Minecraft. The initial version started with a simple mod and later has grown into a great and smooth gaming experience.
- It can do a lot of things now. The graphics and presentations look stunning.
We will show you the steps of how to download and install the Optifine in Minecraft 1.14.
Note- that Optifine is available for computer installation only and not possible to download and use for a gaming console or mobile applications.
Several fake websites claim a genuine version of Optifine download, but you need to be careful about downloading it from the right websites.
Few steps are required before the installation of Optifine.
- Firstly, make sure that the Minecraft version for which you are installing Optifine has been run be at least once.
- Secondly, Minecraft and Minecraft launcher both need to be closed down before starting the installation.
The following are the steps given below to guide you on how to install Optifine in Minecraft 1.14.
Step 1: How To Download OptiFine?
The first step is to download the Optifine JAR file if you want to install OptiFine for your PC.
- To download the JAR File that allows you to install OptiFine in Minecraft, go to the following link https://optifine.net/downloads in your web browser.
- Depending upon the version of Minecraft, you can select an appropriate version of OptiFine for your pc.
Note: Generally, we would recommend going for the Ultra Version, the latest available version with a wide range of performance-boosting features.
- Once you have chosen the appropriate version, click on the mirror button next to it to direct yourself towards the download link of OptiFine link under the heading OptiFine HD Ultra.
- Upon clicking the mirror button, you will be taken to a page with lots of ads. It would help if you skip the ads.
- A ‘Download OptiFine’ option will be seen with the version written beside it in the middle of these ads.
- On clicking the download option, the Optifine file will be downloaded automatically.
In between, the browser might warn you that the selected file might be unsafe or dangerous.
You can judge from the number of downloads it has that the file is safe, or not and you can click, keep or allow it to continue downloading.
Step 2: Update Minecraft
You need to upgrade to the most recent version of Minecraft before you start the installation.
- Firstly, update the Minecraft version by initiating its launcher, downloading the most current Minecraft version, and then again sign in into your Minecraft account.
Step 3: Installation Of Minecraft Forge
Minecraft Forge has to be installed if you plan to run OptiFine as a mod in Minecraft Forge.
Step 4: How To Open The OptiFine Installer?
- After downloading the required OptiFine version, i.e.JAR file, open the Optifine Installer.
- If the Optifine does not open, you should make sure that Java is installed.
- After opening the installer window, right-click on the installer that is downloaded, select open with the option, and click on Java(TM) Platform SE binary.
- Once you have selected it, a small program will open.
Step 5: How To Install OptiFine?
- In this step, for how to install optifine in Minecraft, Minecraft’s default location must be already set. In case if you have changed the location of Minecraft, then update the folder before installing OptiFine.
- After opening the OptiFine Installer, all you have to do is, click the Install button, to install the Optifine mod.
- On clicking, within a few minutes, the OptiFine will be installed, and a box will pop up, displaying ‘OptiFine is successfully installed.’
Step 6: How To Use And Run OptiFine?
- The installation of Optifine is not over even though its installation is complete.
- You will now have to open the Minecraft Launcher.
- After opening the Launcher in the bottom left corner, a drop-down box will be seen.
- Select the box and click on the preset Optifine mod.
This step makes sure that Minecraft will run with the OptiFine mod. After selecting the OptiFine mod, finally hit the PLAY button.
Step 7: How To Install Shaders?
- Installing Shaders is one of the essential things you might require with Optifine.
- Shaders help change Minecraft’s graphical features, such as reflections, shadows, lighting, etc. But first, you need to download some popular Shaders such as SEUS (Sonic EtherEther’ slievable Shaders) or SVS (SilduSildur ‘sant Shaders).
- SEUS is used for higher-end systems, whereas SilduSildur’ sant Shaders are used for lower-end systems, where you get to choose the ‘Lite’ or ‘Medi’m’ opt’ on. In both ways, you will get a ZIP file for Shaders to download.
- After downloading the Zip file, you need to go to the Minecraft directory and open the shaders folder.
- The path for this is Options – Video settings – Shaders and click the ‘Shad’ rs Folder’ in ‘the bottom left corner. Restart Minecraft after placing the zip file in it.
- When you restart the Minecraft game with Optifine, again take the same path, Options – Video Settings – Shaders, and this time you will be able to see the downloaded Shader pack on the left side. Select it, and upload it.
The installation of Shaders is complete in Minecraft.
How To Change OptiFine Version?
It is very simple to change the version of OptiFine. Firstly, you have to go to the OptiFine Download page, then download and install the required OptiFine you want for the selected Minecraft version. The only drawback is that at a time, you can install only one version.
Every-time you install a new version, the previous version gets deleted.
We hope this article has given you the answer for how to install optifine in minecraft and keep following the blog for more how to guides in 2020.